Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

5350 Posts in 194 Topics- by 302 Members - Latest Member: titasav

September 23, 2018, 08:05:24 PM
Jessica Capshaw Online ForumGrey's AnatomyGrey's Anatomy General Discussion6.05 Discussion
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 6.05 Discussion  (Read 2986 times)
AdminMeg
Forum Great-aunt
Administrator
Attending

« on: October 15, 2009, 10:13:48 PM »

What did you guys think of tonight's episode? It's worth the wait, eh?  I am feeling all kinds of warm and fuzzy right now...

"Disappointment is anger for wimps." ~ House
loveandrevolutions
Intern

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »

It certainly was a wonderfully surprising episode. I had read (on this site) that the show had planned on moving Callie and Arizona's relationship forward, but I didn't realize that they would be doing it so quickly into the season.  I thought it was a giant (and excellent) step for the storyline when Arizona told Callie's father that she was in love with her, and likewise when Callie told her father she would consider marriage and children with Arizona. As usual, JC and SR gave excellent performances and continue to have great chemistry.  Smiley In the middle of all the merger chaos and resident bickering, I really think Arizona and Callie's relationship was the saving grace of that episode, since I'm ambivalent about the direction the show is taking by writing in the merger storyline.  I'll keep watching for the Arizona/Callie storyline, but not much else.  Undecided
AdminMeg
Forum Great-aunt
Administrator
Attending

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 09:00:37 PM »

Hey loveandrevolutions!

Yeah, it's funny. They were stalling for a few eps there and then just took off. They took us all by surprise.
I'm not a fan of the merger storyline since all these new characters are sucking up screen time, but the speculation is that Shonda is experimenting with new people in case the original cast members leave after season 7 (when their contract expires).

Anyway, i'll keep watching as long as Callie & Arizona remain on the show, even if the rest are all new faces.  Tongue

"Disappointment is anger for wimps." ~ House
blackindiaink
Attending

icon by istillam

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 01:53:58 AM »

I agree with everything said above. I was very pleasantly surprised that they took off with the C/A story like that. I think I've watched it three times now and will be going back for a fourth if we don't get some good Callie and Arizona scenes this week.

I absolutely loved the way that they handled Callie's confrontation with her dad and the religion aspect of their relationship. When HE started quoting those bible verses my eyes got all scary wide but as soon as Callie started firing back and I was clapping. I went to college on a very Southern Baptist campus and I have had my fair share of insults and religion thrown at me so I really did love this episode.

Additionally, I loved JCap's performance throughout and continue to be very impressed with her. The monologue's that they are giving her this season are fantastic! I love that interaction she had with Callie's dad and that we got some back story on her character.

I totally got the warm fuzzies when Arizona said that she loved Callie and when Callie said she would dance down the aisle in a poofy white dress and the kids bit. *sigh* Fantastic episode!!!

They give Callie and Arizona some of my favorite music on the show. 

"Misery blooms on the stem of suppression.
The world that you see is the one you believe"

"Give me this warmth,
a sunbeam to live in,
a window to look out"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx