Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

5350 Posts in 194 Topics- by 302 Members - Latest Member: titasav

September 23, 2018, 07:47:42 PM
Jessica Capshaw Online ForumGrey's AnatomyDr. Arizona RobbinsArizona Robbins: McDreamy 2.0?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Arizona Robbins: McDreamy 2.0?  (Read 14112 times)
blackindiaink
Attending

icon by istillam

« on: November 11, 2009, 02:56:41 AM »

It was brought to my attention (thanks Meg) that one or more people have started to refer to Arizona as "The new McDreamy" or "McDreamy 2.0". What do you guys think? Should a new McName be created for Arizona? The creative part of my brain has failed me tonight and all I have come up with is McLovely.

"Misery blooms on the stem of suppression.
The world that you see is the one you believe"

"Give me this warmth,
a sunbeam to live in,
a window to look out"
Nikki
Intern

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:13:50 AM »

I agree that she's like a McDreamy 2.0.  Cheesy If they do McName her it needs to be something "eamy"! Nothing all that clever comes to mind, but it'd be amusing at least.

McScreamy anyone? All it takes is one sex scene for it to work...
AdminMeg
Forum Great-aunt
Administrator
Attending

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:27:57 AM »

LOL.... Nikki...

"Disappointment is anger for wimps." ~ House
blackindiaink
Attending

icon by istillam

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:32:50 AM »

As nice as it would be to see Arizona earn the name McScreamy... Yumm! I think we would end up with something more along the lines of McBeamey. Ya know, 'cause she is all gorgeous and sunny. Yeah, McDreamy 2.0 is looking better and better.

"Give me this warmth,
a sunbeam to live in,
a window to look out"
Xam
Intern

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »

@Bre,

Urgh! Let's leave the "Mc-" to the testosterone-charged labcoat-caped duo, please!
(And 2.0 bespeaks of a spawn, which is horrifying, to say the least! LOLZ! :p)

I prefer
Arizona Robbins,
Goddess of the Infinite Half-nod Awesomeness

(a mouthful, I know...
but she can have more than a mouthful from me anytime! LOLZ! :p)

-Xam

blackindiaink
Attending

icon by istillam

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »

I just thought we could take the McName for the girls and turn it into something cooler. Basically, she is a better McDreamy than McDreamy... and has better hair.

"Give me this warmth,
a sunbeam to live in,
a window to look out"
n-sane
Intern

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »

heh, funny topic  Grin

ok, i think McFairy would kinda suit her Cheesy

but yeaa ok, it doesn't entirely rhyme... then maybe... umm... McCreamy?
although, i guess that's only work if you wanna spread her on a cracker like i do :p lol
Jazz
Intern

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »

i dont think she's at all like Derek but then again i dont like Derek all that much. i guess she does hav that same non dark and twistyness that Derek has but then again Izzie isnt dark and twisty either and she's not McDreamy 2.5 lol

i think more than anything she's taken over from Izzie as the light in the dark on the show... only being more successful with it, cos Izzie's character was a little jaded (i
m talking like she died haha but she kinda did. she does nothing for me now... mjor snoozville)

i think Arizona was just a plot device to prevent all the viewers from slipping into their own deep dark twisyness and slitting their wrists cos this show was getting pretty depressing before Arizona wheeled her cute lil butt onto our screen
Rach
Sr. Resident

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »

Why is it that everyone thinks Derek has perfect hair?! I just don't see it ! Msybe it's because I like boobs but still lol ...

I like McCreamy, what about McGleamy ?

"The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision."
blackindiaink
Attending

icon by istillam

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »

I understand the tendency to dislike comparisons to Derek but I think the whole thing is based on the fact that Shonda has said that she considers Cal/Az to be a Mer/Der kind of relationship and that she and Derek complete their side of the respective relationships in similar ways. Also the fact that they are pretty much universally hard to dislike and are considered very attractive. If you take the stigma attached to various aspects of the McDreamy title away it is easy for me to see why she might be considered that. If the nick name had been first applied to Arizona instead of Shepherd would we feel differently about it?

As for the hair thing... I think it is just the lush factor. *shrug* I am not very familiar with what makes men's hair attractive to women but that would be my guess. I think it's also in the smile. I get the comparison, especially after that scene where Arizona tells Shepherd that she gets the McDreamy thing. 

"Give me this warmth,
a sunbeam to live in,
a window to look out"
Phoenix
Intern

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 07:52:32 PM »

Hmm I've always thought of her as a McPerky myself.
n-sane
Intern

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 12:31:28 PM »

ha, good point, Rach!
i've no idea what ppl would like about derek's curly, greasy hair...  Huh? lol

i personally like short short hair on a man, like alex's (although he has something funny going on with the back of it, around his neck sometimes) or jackson's.

otherwise, mark's hair ain't too bad either. although it goes much better with his previous facial hair, now he looks a little weird - is it a beard, is it shaved? cannot tell anymore, plus i kinda think it makes him look older.

i do get derek's charm tho, he is indeed a sweet and reliable guy, you can tell patrick is a quite brill actor too, and a rather hilarious one Smiley

and yet i think we're miles away, if we compare the two couples (mer+der and az+cal) because... well, clearly because of meredith for whom i've no particular liking whatsoever. but also cos it's always derek to her rescue there, she's always the one with the (most ridiculous of) dramas and he's always the cheerful one with the solutions and the sweet smile. and not even "happy" meredith, high on painkillers improves the situation too much, although, yea i guess she's a little less annoying lately.

so basically - derek is waaaay to good for mer, she's pulling him down big time.

and this is never the case with arizona and callie, even tho, up till now it was indeed az who's helped callie thru more crisis, but it's just the way it happened, it's not cos callie is an emotional apathetic wreck  :Smiley
they're pretty much equally sensitive (well, in their own way), equally brilliant as surgeons and hell yea - really hot  Cool
blackindiaink
Attending

icon by istillam

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 12:59:46 AM »

Interesting point, we are only seeing a cross section of these characters lives. I know we do get some back story but for the rest we are left to imagination and fanfic, which sometimes we wish was canon, but it is hard to know a character except through your own perception. Sometimes I wish I could get inside Shonda's head... or the actors for that matter and really get to know how they see the characters. I know they are putting them out there for interpretation but it is still interesting to me. I would love to ask JCap what she thinks about people calling Arizona the new McDreamy.

"Give me this warmth,
a sunbeam to live in,
a window to look out"
bercho29
Head of Dept.

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »

and how about McHotty she is hot and there are women lining up for her, she is awesome and she is always right she is arizona robbins.
nadilla
Intern

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 10:51:26 PM »

i know i'm late on this, but i love this topic. i love the name McDreamy 2.0 for Arizona. i'm not going to make it a whole big feminism/political thing. i just know what "McDreamy" is suppsed to be, and i can totally see Arizona as that. She really snuck up on me, but now i find that i am in love with her! i think maybe more than i am with Callie. it's crazy!

but she's super supportive, really mature. an anchor, the "good man in the storm".  she's beautiful, and extremely sexy. she has her own issues, but puts them to the backburner for her loved one... and did i mention - she's sooooo sexy. those eyes. that intense smoldering she can do, but she only uses her powers for good. it's like she can turn her head a little and give you that look, and you melt. and she's a fabulous doctor. TOTAL McDreamy 2.0 - the new and improved version.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx