Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

5350 Posts in 194 Topics- by 302 Members - Latest Member: titasav

December 13, 2018, 12:45:02 PM
Jessica Capshaw Online ForumGrey's AnatomyGrey's Anatomy General DiscussionGrey's Anatomy Starter Kit 2010
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Grey's Anatomy Starter Kit 2010  (Read 4519 times)
AdminMeg
Forum Great-aunt
Administrator
Attending

« on: December 26, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »

ABC.com recently posted an updated Starter Kit for 2010. Someone uploaded it onto Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgeqyF-n0Z8&feature=player_embedded

From the 3rd minute onwards, they do a quick recap of all the relationships on the show EXCEPT for Callie and Arizona's. They spent a long time on Owen/Teddy/Cristina and not even a microsecond on C & A. Pretty sad...

"Disappointment is anger for wimps." ~ House
dulcinea
Sr. Resident

Forum Grandma

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »

if I hadn't watched the last two seasons of Greys, and then watched this I'd be under the impression that Callie was in some kind of relationship with Mark.

But since the Callie/Arizona relationship isn't a ratings stunt, of course it has to be swept under the carpet in the fear that it might cause controversy. It's possible that this clip may have been created by ABC, rather that the GA creative team, and we all know how the networks shy away from that sort of thing.

AJ
Jane Rizzoli: Oh, my god. You're flirting over a dead body.
Maura Isles: When else am I going to do it?
AdminMeg
Forum Great-aunt
Administrator
Attending

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 06:22:11 PM »

I agree that the video was most likely put together by ABC, not Shonda & Co.

I appreciate that Callie & Arizona is not a ratings stunt, so it wouldn't be featured prominently in any promotion. It just irks me that ABC is getting the credit of having a lesbian couple on the show but blatantly leaves them out when it suits them.  I mean, a 2 second acknowledgement would've been better than nothing.  Sigh. Still such a long way to go. 

Makes me wonder what will become of that hot girl-on-girl action that JCap spoke of.

dulcinea
Sr. Resident

Forum Grandma

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 06:35:39 PM »

Makes me wonder what will become of that hot girl-on-girl action that JCap spoke of.

it will probably be in some kind of montage with Alex/random hookup.  I just wish the were treated in the exact same manner as every other couple on the show.  In that promo video we saw Callie in bed with George (I think?  could be wrong) and then again with Mark - why no scene with Callie/Arizona?

I'm beginning to realise I still harbour some residual BtVS related bitterness.  But at least Joss subverted the networks by putting in some pretty great "not sex" sex scenes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0x6FTSfYA8&feature=PlayList&p=B147557B2A5347E2&index=0

AJ
Jane Rizzoli: Oh, my god. You're flirting over a dead body.
Maura Isles: When else am I going to do it?
AdminMeg
Forum Great-aunt
Administrator
Attending

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 09:39:09 PM »

Watched the clip...very clever, hmm...

Would be nice if there was someone on the Grey's writing staff who cared enough for our particular fan base to want to subvert the network.

blackindiaink
Attending

icon by istillam

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 03:03:38 AM »

I think I just had a media exclusion seizure. Sorry, let me pick myself up on the floor and remember that we are still in the semi-dark ages where LGBT and the media are concerned.

COME ON ABC.

Seriously...

Still spasaming a little from that seizure. So, Callie and Arizona have had a few big developments in the last ten episodes and we are just going to ignore that. Alright, fine but do they remember that Arizona is actually getting popular... oh wait... I forgot lesbian. We actually show that she is in a healthy relationship AND still popular. So let's just not show them at all really. They just demeaned them as a couple on that show by doing that and I am just a little cheesed off.

Going to quote Sammy here: "Like, if you didn't "aw" when arizona told callie "i love you" (let alone run around screaming and clapping), then your heart is made of coal"

RIGHT THE HELL ON

"Misery blooms on the stem of suppression.
The world that you see is the one you believe"

"Give me this warmth,
a sunbeam to live in,
a window to look out"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx