Jessica Capshaw Online Forum
September 21, 2017, 08:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: First thoughts of Callie; Thoughts afterwards.  (Read 17890 times)
CQ
Head of Dept.

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 12:10:23 PM »

oh, but the writers played us - rewatching, I realise we saw it from the POV of the interns - they saw Callie as the weird strange girl who liked George. 

And I was a bit of a Izzie/George shipper too.  Until it happened on screen.  vomit

Watching it now I just feel really sorry for Callie.
I'm pretty sure they wanted us to be on the interns side, but that made Callie the underdog... and I always tend to have a thing for the underdog.  laughing

Callie and George didn't make a lot of sense (they literally didn't look good as a couple, besides the fact that Callie put George on a pedestal, which is never good), but I was glad George finally moved on (after his Mer-debacle). So I was okay with it.
I never liked George and Izzie; it came out of nothing and that's how it ended as well. It was just all wrong.  sleepy

Big plans. Big plans. You know what? I don't care. I've got big plans myself. Great big African plans!
gsressa66
Intern

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 04:07:31 PM »

I totally agree with you CQ. I never liked Izzie and George together. However, I always loved Callie. I fell in love with her character at first sight. I liked her with George but I thought their relationship was very immature, and George not very supportive.  no

Episode after episode, Callie grew up and now she seems to have found herself. But to me it was so painful to see her suffer because of her sexuality, her loneliness, her feelings to be abandoned. But now she finds Arizona, everything is now back to normal ! And everything is AWESOME  laugh
Jess
Attending

You are awesome! No we are awesome!!!

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 03:54:53 PM »

Also i think that Callie has grown!!!  happy
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:54:16 PM by AdminMeg » Logged

I love you! You are hot! This is cool! Oh Pound Cake! I love Pound Cake!  No... No... we'll have kids. I thougt i wasn't cut out to be a mom but you'll be a great mom. You'll be an amazing mom. And... i love you so much, and i can't live without you and our then kids!!! Dr.Arizona Robbins
SaraRamirezFan13
Intern

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 09:25:25 AM »

Also i think that Callie has grown!!!  happy
I totally agree!!  I first saw Callie in reruns of season 3 and have loved from the moment I saw her.  Even Callie in season 2, never thought she was weird I thought she was awesome!  George and Callie was kinda so so, but thank god for Mark he made her sadness go away, love their friendship!!! Grin  Never really got the whole Erica thing... I thought she was like really mean.  But when Arizona came along... w00t  totally knew they'd be awesome!  Sara and Jessica are two of the strongest actors on the show for sure!!!!!

"You can't pray away the gay!!!" - Callie Torres
ribanbel
Resident

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 12:45:50 PM »

looking back at old episodes of Callie and Arizona Smiley and I just found out(First time I heard that part somehow Shocked laugh) that Callie has a sister shocked1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_ejFPpq1Y&feature=related
check it out at 0:20  shocked1
AdminMeg
Forum Great-aunt
Administrator
Attending

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 01:07:02 PM »

Yes. It was inconsistent with a previous ep in which they established that Callie was an only child. When someone tweeted Shonda about it, she said it could be from another parent. Err.. sounds more to me like she was trying to cover their mistake.

"Disappointment is anger for wimps." ~ House
Blackbird
Intern

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »

OH I'm excited I've found this thread! I was only, the other day talking to a friend about this.
I hated Callie when she first came onto GA. I didn't like what I thought she represented. Looking back, I think I attribute a lot of that to her hatred and general meanness towards Mer. I think that over the season's she's grown and that has made me like her. Actually, it was when she started to become friends with Addie that I grew a little fond of her. Now, however, I love her. I love that she's trying to find out who and what she is and I love how she is with Az. I love that she is actually a person now, not just an angry bone making machine.

Shoot me in the eye or give me a gun and I'll do it myself- I was actually an Izzie and George shipper. Oh it pains me to even say it scared

Oh I was a George/Izzie shipper too! I was actually a bit upset that they didn't work.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
CQ
Head of Dept.

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 07:18:27 AM »

I love that she is actually a person now, not just an angry bone making machine.
You thought she was an angry bone making machine?! The insecure resident who thought George was her McDreamy?!  shocked1
I agree she was pretty clueless in the beginning, but for me that always seemed like... I don't know... like how Callie herself explained it to Finn (Oh Finn... sigh)

Four years of high school, four years of college, four years of med school. By the time we graduate we're in our late 20s and we've never done anything except go to school and think about science. Time stops. We're socially retarded. Ha, I mean, look at me, I'm in love with a guy who won't say he loves me back and here I am, in his kitchen, just hoping he comes home and notices me. I'm that girl, who sits in the back of the class and eats her hair. And Meredith, she's 17 years old, we're all 17 years old. This is high school with scalpels, Finn.

Oh I was a George/Izzie shipper too! I was actually a bit upset that they didn't work.
Ouch... Just when I thought we could be friends....  Sad Wink

Big plans. Big plans. You know what? I don't care. I've got big plans myself. Great big African plans!
Blackbird
Intern

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »

OO good back up quote. Not so much that she was 'angry', angry was the wrong word to use.. I felt that she didn't know how to express herself properly and so that made her appear hostile at times. Maybe I saw a bit of a different Callie.
George could have very well have been her McDreamy. Even though she was with Az, she still loved George even if it was just as a friend in the end. I know my McDreamy will always be my McDreamy even though we're not together anymore and he's one of my best friends.

Hahah, DON'T HOLD IT AGAINST ME! I'm still a nice person I swear!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: